Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Lessons learnt from the above Jim Wendler and use it in my Ken Smith Routine

Every workout is a focus on one single lift, but the other is used as an Assistance. So I still split and alternate the workout in an Upper Body and Lower Body Routine. Now I am satisfied. The Monday workout was just a Focus on Shoulder Press, there was no fun in that. I did Chinups and Dips till I could not do anymore of them and some Crunches, but then what else. Nothing! So I needed something more. Too impatient I guess. 

Week 1 Monday Workout 1
Squat 1 x 5/3/1. Maximum Effort.
Deadlift 80% of 3 x 6. Not to Failure. Just keep going. Slow and in good form.
Leg Curls 3 x 10-12
Shrugs 3 x 10
Calf Raises - 1 x 20. Not to failure. Just keep going in good form.

Wednesday Workout 2
Bench Press 1 x 5/3/1. Maximum effort
DB Rows 3 x 10-20
Shoulder Press 3 x 6. Not to Failure. Just keep going. Slow and in good form.
BB curls 3 x 10
Tricep Extensions 3 x 10

Friday Workout 3
Squat 3 x 6. Not to failure. Just like a warmup, slow and in good form.
Deadlift 1 x 5/3/1 and above. Maximum Effort.
Leg Curls 3 x 10-12
Shrugs - 3 x 10
Calf Raises - 3 x 20.

Week 2 Monday Workout 4
Shoulder Press 1 x 5/3/1. Maximum Effort.
Chinups 3 x 10
Bench Press 3 x 6. Warm up and in good form.
BB Curls 3 x 10
Tricep Extension 3 x 10-20

Wednesday :- Same like Week 1 Monday and so on. 

After the 5/3/1, Deload for the 4th workout of each and then start with the 5/3/1 again. 

At the moment I have some knee injury. So my leg workouts are going to be sub optimal anyway. Lets see! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment